Get Resilient Advocacy from a Bartow Family Law Attorney
Are you a grandparent who has been disallowed from seeing your grandchildren
by their parents? New legislation in Florida gives you the ability to
petition to see your grandchildren in certain cases. You have rights as
a grandparent and a dedicated and competent Bartow family law attorney
from my firm can push for those rights in and out of court.
Clients in need of legal help in the Bartow and Lakeland areas have come
to depend on Advocate Law Firm, P.A. because of the emphasis I place on
protecting their rights no matter what their needs are. I am a seasoned
litigator with over 15 years of experience, meaning I understand how Florida
courts work and how to ensure my client’s rights are protected at
Don’t be sidelined when it comes to your family!
Parents have broad rights when it comes to raising their children, but
new legislation allows for grandparents to have some visitation rights
in the case that one or both parents are deceased, in a persistent vegetative
state, or missing.
Courts consider the following factors in determining if giving you visitation rights:
- The love, affection, and other emotional ties between you and the minor child
- Length and quality of previous relationship between you and the child
- If you have established ongoing personal contact with the child previously
- The reasons cited by the respondent parent in ending contact with you
- If serious and evident mental or emotional harm resulted from you being
- Any threats to the child present
- The result of any psychological evaluation of the child
After you file a petition for visitation, a hearing will be held to determine
if you can show the parent(s) is unfit or poses harm to the child. As
an experienced Bartow family law attorney, I can argue on your behalf
that having visitation rights would be in the best interests of the child.
Get Trusted Representation for Family Law Matters
My firm is poised to file your petition and push for your rights as a grandparent
to see your grandchild under the given circumstances. You need a lawyer
with experience and tenacity, which is exactly what I bring to every case I handle.
Call my firm today for your no-cost consultation—(863) 644-5566!