The Road To Resolution Starts Here Aggressive Representation When You Need It The Most
Frequently Asked Questions About Divorce
During my more than 20 years of experience as a Bartow divorce attorney, I, Melissa A. Wilson, have noticed that many of my clients come to my firm with the same kind of divorce-related questions. I have created a list of some of these commonly asked questions and provided the answers below. I hope the information on this page is useful to you as you move forward with your divorce matter.
Learn more about your rights and options below:
- How much child support can I expect to receive? - It is hard to predict the exact amount that will be awarded to you in child support. Family law judges take into consideration many factors, such as the financial situation of each parent, the child's needs, and the child's standard of living prior to the divorce. Please click here for more information about child support.
- What can I do if my spouse does not pay child support? - In the event your spouse does not comply with a child support order, they can be forced to comply through legal action. I can help you with your child support enforcement case so that you can obtain the financial support you need to provide for your child.
- I'm not the legal parent of my child. How can I protect my parental rights during a same-sex divorce? - To help protect your relationship with your child, you can sign a co-parenting agreement with your spouse. This agreement declares that you are both parents to the child and delineates how you agree to share the responsibilities of raising your child after the divorce. To learn more about same-sex divorces, please click here.
- I'm thinking of handling my own divorce. Is this a good idea? - It is highly discouraged that you attempt to handle your own divorce. Even if your spouse seems cooperative now, the tide can change in the future. With your rights and interests at stake, you cannot afford to take your divorce lightly. Hiring a lawyer increases your chances of obtaining the case result you desire. A lawyer can guide you through the entire divorce process and be the voice of reason you need to remain calm and strategic.
- Why should I hire you to handle my case? - There's a reason why I have trademarked the phrase "Ever Argued With a Woman?™" I am known for being an aggressive litigator. I do not back down when it comes to protecting the rights and interests of the men and women I represent. I never lose sight of the fact that divorce cases can forever change the lives of my clients. My dedication and commitment does not falter or end with normal business hours. I offer my clients free case evaluations, as well as weekend and evening appointments. In the event you are experiencing a legal emergency, I am also available after-hours and over the phone. These are the kind of high-caliber legal services you can expect from my firm.
Have questions? Call me at Advocate Law Firm, P.A. today!
I would be happy to provide you with the information you need in order to make informed decisions for yourself and your loved ones. Advocate Law Firm, P.A. is here for you, no matter what happens. We offer services in English and Spanish.
If the question you had regarding your divorce remains unanswered,
please don’t hesitate to call me at your earliest convenience.
We Fight Tirelessly For Every Client
More Than 20 Years of Experience
A Full Service Law Firm
Personal Attention For Every Client