Lakeland Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury attorney serving Polk County, Florida, with 20+ years of legal experience!
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by another party, hire an aggressive personal injury attorney in Polk County to fight for you. Most injured victims will need compensation for medical expenses, rehabilitation bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and potentially more. As an experienced personal injury lawyer serving Polk County, I have been helping wrongfully injured individuals pursue compensation for over 20 years. Make sure you have the resources and financial stability you need to recover from your unfortunate accident.
You cannot expect an insurance company to compensate you for 100% of the damages you are entitled to by law. In fact, they will do their best to minimize the amount they pay out to you. With the Advocate Law Firm, P.A. by your side, I can make sure that we fight for every penny you deserve.
I handle personal injury cases in Lakeland and Bartow involving:
- Boating accidents- Lakeland is composed of 38 named lakes as well as many other unnamed bodies of water. With so many recreational waterways, boating and jet-skiing are popular activities. When boat operators do not obey the law or commit an infraction, such as driving while intoxicated, injuries can result. If you have been the victim of a boating accident, do not hesitate to retain my legal representation.
- Dog bites- Florida is a statutory strict liability state. In other words, a dog owner is liable for the damages suffered by any individual bitten by his or her dog, whether the dog has shown a pattern of viciousness in the past or not. If you were negligent, however, this will result in the owner's liability being reduced by the percentage that your negligence contributed to the accident. For more information about dog bite cases in Florida and to tell me about the particulars surrounding your personal injury claim, contact my law firm in Polk County today!
- Motorcycle accidents- Motorcycle accidents can result in extremely traumatic injuries such as neck and back injuries, broken bones, road rash, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and more. It is important to document your injuries and property damages, and keep copies of your medical bills. There could be multiple parties responsible, from another driver, to the motorcycle manufacturer, to the city where the accident occurred (if a pothole or other road condition contributed to your accident). We can help you identify all liable parties and fight for the maximum compensation.
- Victim of crimes- Individuals who were injured as a result of a crime are eligible to pursue civil suits. These personal injury cases can occur in addition to the criminal prosecution of the offending party. I can help you seek compensation not only from the offender, but any other entities who contributed to the offender's actions or your personal injuries.
How Long Does a Personal Injury Lawsuit Take in Florida?
The length of time it takes to resolve a personal injury lawsuit in Florida can vary depending on several factors, including the severity of the injuries, the complexity of the case, and whether or not the case settles out of court.
However, personal injury lawsuits in Florida can take a few months to several years to resolve. If the case settles out of court, reaching a settlement may take 4 to 6 weeks. However, if the case goes to trial, it could take several years to get a verdict.
Here are some of the factors that can affect the length of time it takes to resolve a personal injury lawsuit in Florida:
- The severity of the injuries: The more severe the injuries, the more time it may take to resolve the case. This is because the plaintiff will need time to recover from their injuries and gather medical records and other evidence to support their claim.
- The complexity of the case: The more complex the case, the more time it may take to resolve. This is because the more complex the case, the more time it may take to gather evidence, prepare for trial, and to present the case to the jury.
- Whether or not the case settles out of court: If the case settles out of court, it may take as little as a few months to resolve. However, if the case goes to trial, it could take several years to get a verdict.
If you have been injured in an accident around Polk County, it is crucial to speak with our experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. As the personal injury attorney of Lakeland and Bartow, FL, I can help you understand your legal rights and help file a compensation claim.
The sooner you file a claim, the sooner the process can begin and the sooner you may be able to get the compensation you deserve.
If You Don't Win, You Don't Pay
With personal injury cases, I work on a contingency basis. This policy means that you do not owe me a penny unless we are able to recover a monetary compensation. A contingency fee agreement gives you the chance to receive legal representation, no matter what your financial situation, and it ensures that your FL personal injury attorney is as invested in your case as you are.
To schedule a free evaluation on your personal injury case with me in Polk County, do not hesitate to call (863) 644-5566!
We Fight Tirelessly For Every Client
More Than 20 Years of Experience
A Full Service Law Firm
Personal Attention For Every Client
I understand that divorce law can be confusing and want to provide the resources you need to stay informed.Uncover Answers
Meet Your Attorneys
I, Melissa A. Wilson, don't back down from a challenge. I have the passion, experience, and drive that you need.Attorney Profiles
If you and your future ex-spouse hope to avoid traumatic court disagreements, collaborative divorce is for you.Learn More
Don't Do It Alone
Having an attorney in your corner throughout a divorce can help you reach an agreeable resolution faster and easier.Gain The Advantage
I couldn't have asked for more!
I just want to publicly show my gratitude to Ms. Salvia and the rest of the team that worked on my recent case. I really felt I was represented well by Ms. Salvia and she took the lead in making strong points for my case. She was able to properly vocalize what I needed and look out for things that I didn't even consider. She is very experienced. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much for help and professionalism.- Dalena T.
Martha and the rest of the team constantly kept me in the loop of all that was occurring
There was never a time that I was alone in my divorce process. The staff/team was in contact communication with me. Any questions, concerns or issues I may have had, they were front and center ready to help me through the process and educate me on what the next steps were. Divorce in and of itself is a very emotional, trying and frustrating process. Martha and the rest of the team constantly kept me in the loop of all that was occurring, what was needed, any changes that were coming and how to properly handle them. Thank you so much for making a stressful and life changing event, easier to navigate.- Michelle Acevedo
Honesty, integrity and a fighter!
I don't typically write reviews however, in this "case" it is warranted. Having gone through a protracted and tumultuous divorce lasting almost five years would leave any living and breathing human hating lawyers even their own. well, I must say I am left with a gratitude for all the hard work, patience and guidance given me throughout my process. I would recommend Melissa Wilson to anyone that is looking for Honesty, integrity and a fighter where it counts... CASE CLOSED!!!! and so is mine. cant forget Martha her assistant, taking my calls always and listening to me vent. Thank you all in that office Sincerely Niko- Former Client